Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Taking by Kimberly Derting


Title: The Taking (The Taking #1)
Author: Kimberly Derting
My Edition: Hardback; 357 pages
Publisher: Harper Teen
Goodreads: CLICK ME
Get it from Bookdepository: CLICK ME





In The Taking, Kyra has a fight with her dad, and a sudden strong light flashes by, then she remembers nothing. After she wakes up and goes home, a strange man is there instead of her mom and dad. She is then being told that she's gone for 5 years, everything is not the same except her. 

Seriously, a really exciting and unique concept. The story is really easy to get into; it's fast-paced and creepy, which is totally my cup of tea!

The characters are all very likable, especially Tyler, who's so sweet, so thoughtful, so artistic and basically he's everything! I also love the characters' development as I could really see the characters grow in the book. 

The writing is so fast-paced, and because of the creepy events, it kept me so excited; I literally couldn't put it down because I just NEEDED to know what happened next! And now that I've finished the book, I'm craving for the second book...

Beware, bookworms, it's a book  that's able to hypnotize you.



Stay Bookish, The Bookish Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for commenting :)